EOM Q&A: Garden Growing-Why not now III? 6.8.17
Here is a link to yesterday’s interview with Will Stephens on WXAN. We discuss the current state and opportunities for retail plays, plus new info on the Fiduciary Rule.
Today, I continue with my series to answer your question, “with the strength of the current market, why not start now?”
When complete, I revisit our All-Star A&B and High Dividend CEF candidate plays, and the promised “Garden Growing Review” report.
My goal; have Garden Growing training II finished by Mid-July at the lastest. Why? In case previous seasonality cycles repeat.
Today, I feature SPX seasonality charts to determine previous strong/weak months.
Two Year Chart
Five Year Chart
Per both charts, August and September were weak months.
No one knows exactly when or what will start the next profit-taking.
1. Determine and chart Garden candidates
2. Have alerts set on all candidates
3. Have funds available in the correct account-IRA or trading
4. Develop patience and wait for a pullback-value
5. Use Simple Simon Buy signals for enter decisions
1. If nearing or in retirement, can your portfolio survive a 20-30% drop?
2. The current bull run of 8 years is in-between the last two-time wise
3. During every bull runs, there are pullbacks
4. Do you want to enter with the markets making new highs?
5. What would it hurt to wait until at least the next five percent pullback to enter?
Tomorrow, we study what it takes (point wise) for a 5-10-20 percent pullback!
Enjoy your day,
David O. England